Thursday, January 25, 2007

HEALTHY EATING
The joy of eating is one of our great pleasures in life. The tongue is a big part of our brain, an unfortunate antecedent to rampant cell phone usage but a good way to be for a species that has learned to communicate by language. The mother tongue is the language we first learn.

To sense and be aware of the tongue is a path to a heightened and altered state.

And to eat with awareness of flavors and the gestures of a meal is a great gift to ourselves.

So, we are having a nice gang of food sit around together and eat at our lunch breaks during the Anat Baniel Training. The training is great, and I’d suggest checking it out, ( anatbanielmethod.com), if you are at all interested in dramatic and significant transformation in your own life and in your abilities to be of service to others, others as varied as golfers and skiers who want to improve their sport, to children with cerebral palsy and other neurological disorders, to “plain” everyday sore backs and necks and shoulders.

So we sit around, and have the old conversation: is this food good or bad for you and how harmful is eating sugar say, and how harmful is being obsessed with not having honey a bit if you are on a diet that is trying get rid of Candida.

I don’t know.

I think sugar can mess you up and rob vitamins and lead to worse health. I could be wrong.

I think if you are on a Candida diet you can have fun being strict or you can have fun being lax. I think both are good.

I think driving yourself nuts is probably not so healthy and definitely not so fun. Basically, what I think could be true, could be nonsense, I like to eat extremely healthy and then when I fudge, it’s fudging into fairly healthy, and I’m way ahead of the game.

What you like to do, is up to you.

I really like eating well. I think tons of good flavors and possibilities are out there. I think the more we slow down and really taste our food, and the higher the percentage of raw food we eat, the healthier we will be.

You don’t have to agree.

Love yourself, and let your breathing be full and easy and happy while you eat. This I can recommend without reservation.

No comments: