Some Steps Toward Healthy and Wondeful Eating
There are many ways to eat healthy and many ways to eat a crappy diet. Look around you and see all the crappy ways and we can skip that discussion for now, let's keep our attention on some wonderful aspects of life.
Here are some ways to eat wonderfully on this wonderful planet of ours:
- Eat lots of stuff full of water. Which is to say: fruits and vegetables.
- Eat lots of organic stuff, that is in season and comes from nearby. Sure, every once in a while have bananas, but to eat most healthy, eat local strawberries only when the summer is beginning and eat apples in the end of summer and the fall and eat tomatoes all summer and lots of greens in the spring. There are lots of books about this, but the Three Season Diet is pretty good.
- If your meal isn't all raw food, eat fruit by itself, or half an hour before the meal.
- Make your biggest meal in the middle of the day, or somewhere up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. I know, I know, schedules, other people, habits, blah, blah, and still: this is good for your health.
- Don't eat much at night, again, the habits here are strong, I know personally, and boy do I feel better the next morning when I don't eat a bunch at night.
- Eat lots of wild things, if you can figure out how to do that, and lots of stuff from your own garden and trees.
- See if you can have at least one raw foods only meal a day.
This is enough for a start. Food is fun, life is fun, there are always amazing things to eat and it doesn't have to be fancy and it doesn't even need to be cooked.
Breathing and being in love with life while we eat is probably the most important thing of all. Sometimes eating in silence is wonderful. It's all an experiment. It's all potentially wonderful.